Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Alexis!



I am a mother of an 8 year old. That is hard for me to believe. I am just about to go wake her up for her birthday pancakes this morning. She loves pancakes. It is hard to believe that 8 years ago, on a day alot like today, our world changed at the sound of that first little cry. Who knew we could love someone so much so quickly. We couldn't take our eyes off of her, and I didn't want to
ever put her down.


Now she is a big 8 year old and tells us she is almost a "preteen." She wants to grow up way too fast. Being the first child comes at a disadvantage. Most people think middle children have the toughest time, but I venture to say the first carry a lot more weight. They have to bear all of the NEW parents mistakes. I know I have made many! Especially with Alexis. I thought I had a alot of great ideas on how I would raise my children and how I would get it done "right." Well, not so much. Do you wanna know the most wonderful thing about Alexis? When you apologize, she is quick to throw her arms around you and wrap you in forgiveness. I need alot of that. I would love to be able to go back and "undo" so many things, but I must trust the Lord to redeem those moments and He does. Afterall, He is her maker and her Saviour.


Alexis is a wonderful big sister, who looks out for her brothers. She loves to play lots of make believe and put on "shows" for her family. She enjoys history and crafts. I love the way that when she wants to find out how to do something or learn about something, she goes and looks it up. She is very resourceful. She laughs alot. I especially love that when Dad gets home she immediately starts giggling and runs to hug and greet him. She likes dollar stores and stuffed animals (way too much) and has a heart for animals. She loves to have her toe nails painted, but hates to brush her hair. She is not fond of cleaning her room, but will dust, wash windows and sweep joyfully!! I am so thankful for her and believe this will be a wonderful year in her life!!!


signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lexi,

You are such a precious girl and look so grown up in your picture. You are our only granddaughter, one who gives me the chance to paint toe nails and do girl things. As your mother said, you are so forgiving and have such a zest for life.
I love you, sweet girl.

Love,
Granny Franny