Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday, Aaron! (April 11, 2010)



Sweet Aaron,

My heart wells up within me as I think about you and all the things I want to say about you. First of all, you bring so much light to my life. You always have. I remember the day after you were born, there was a few "issues" that the nurses and doctors wanted to investigate. You were poked and prodded at for hours and I kept asking for you. Finally, they brought you into the room screaming, picked you up and then handed you to me. And in that very moment, you stopped crying and fell immediately to sleep. You loved to be snuggled. You still do. I know that when you are having a bad day or moment, if I just hug on you a little bit it changes everything. I don't often remember that in the moments I need to and I am sorry for that, buddy. I delight in watching you. The way you build, create, and imagine. I delight in your smiles and your sweet voice. I delight in your full body hugs--even your legs hug when you hug. I know that being in the middle can be a tough place, but I believe the Lord put you there for a reason and you have a very important purpose, not only in this family and in this world, but in God's Kingdom. He tells me of His great love for you over and over, and He calls you Valiant. I am honored and humbled to be your mom. I love you, Sweet Aaron.

MOM

signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts are right on again this year. I love the photo with those crystal blue eyes just shining. I, too, love those full body hugs. You hug like your daddy used to hug when he was a little boy. Happy birthday, sweet boy!

Love,
Granny Franny